Bug 198802 - [a11y] openoffice cannot change font color
[a11y] openoffice cannot change font color
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: openoffice.org (Show other bugs)
5
All Linux
medium Severity urgent
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Caolan McNamara
: Reopened
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-07-13 13:37 EDT by drago01
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-07-14 06:05:15 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
screen capture showing the bug (406.26 KB, application/ogg)
2006-07-14 04:10 EDT, drago01
no flags Details
new video showing bug (234.82 KB, application/ogg)
2006-07-14 04:42 EDT, drago01
no flags Details
diff between my and clean config (137.39 KB, text/x-patch)
2006-07-14 05:20 EDT, drago01
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description drago01 2006-07-13 13:37:43 EDT
Description of problem:
I cannot change the fontcolor in openoffice anymore (did it ever work? dunno I
dan't a color printer so I had never tryed to change it)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
openoffice.org-writer-2.0.2-5.16.2

How reproducible:
always!

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Try to change the font color from black to anything (ex: red)
2. notice that it is still black
  
Actual results:

fontcolor can't be changed

Expected results:

fontcolor should be changeable

Additional info:
Background color changing works only the font color is broken.
Comment 1 Caolan McNamara 2006-07-14 04:00:11 EDT
I'm astounded to hear this, but nevertheless I can change the font colour of
text in writer in FC-5 from black to red without any problem.
Comment 2 drago01 2006-07-14 04:10:06 EDT
Created attachment 132411 [details]
screen capture showing the bug


Here is a video...
Comment 3 Caolan McNamara 2006-07-14 04:32:28 EDT
Bizarro!, does format->character->font effects->font color also not do anything ?

From your screen-shot it doesn't look like anything like "high-contrast" for
visually disabled is active. Is there the same behaviour in e.g calc ?
Comment 4 drago01 2006-07-14 04:36:16 EDT
(In reply to comment #3)
> Bizarro!, does format->character->font effects->font color also not do anything ?
> 
same issue font stays black :(
> From your screen-shot it doesn't look like anything like "high-contrast" for
> visually disabled is active. 
what is this? and where can I change it?
>Is there the same behaviour in e.g calc ?
yes...

Comment 5 drago01 2006-07-14 04:42:06 EDT
Created attachment 132414 [details]
new video showing bug

here is the format->character->font effects->font color thing
Comment 6 Caolan McNamara 2006-07-14 04:55:05 EDT
This is very not normal, and I'm baffled as to what is happening for you. 

Tools->options->openoffice.org->view->icon style of HiContrast would be set,
instead of "automatic" for a visual impaired desktop, but your videos don't look
hicontrast so that's not it.

If tools->autocorrect "apply style" was set then when you pressed return hard
coded formatting would be removed in favour of styles, but your videos also
don't look like that obscure option was set

I can't imagine that the actual font matters, but make sure and try with Luxi
Sans or something. Anything unusual about your setup that you are aware of...

remote X ?, non-default nvidia driver ?, anything else behaving strangely ?
Comment 7 drago01 2006-07-14 05:12:38 EDT
(In reply to comment #6)
> This is very not normal, and I'm baffled as to what is happening for you. 
> 
> Tools->options->openoffice.org->view->icon style of HiContrast would be set,
> instead of "automatic" for a visual impaired desktop, but your videos don't look
> hicontrast so that's not it.
> 
> If tools->autocorrect "apply style" was set then when you pressed return hard
> coded formatting would be removed in favour of styles, but your videos also
> don't look like that obscure option was set
> 
> I can't imagine that the actual font matters, but make sure and try with Luxi
> Sans or something. Anything unusual about your setup that you are aware of...
> 
luxi sans does not work too..
> remote X ?, non-default nvidia driver ?, anything else behaving strangely ?
no local X
yes nvidia driver is used,but the first thing I tryed was disabling it but the
nv driver behaves the same.
no everything else works fine (haven't found any thing so far)

I tested with an other user (root) an here it works fine...
so it must be some setting causing it? how can I reset it to default?

Comment 8 drago01 2006-07-14 05:20:44 EDT
Created attachment 132418 [details]
diff between my and clean config

I have moved .openoffice.org2.0/ and it created a new one.
This time it works fine...
here is the diff beetween both configs (still don't know what have caused it)
Comment 9 Caolan McNamara 2006-07-14 05:29:15 EDT
+ <node oor:name="Accessibility">
+  <prop oor:name="IsAutomaticFontColor" oor:type="xs:boolean">
+ <value>true</value>

There it is, "tools->options->openoffice.org->accessibility->use automatic font
color for screen display"

Move your old config back, and you'll see that that option was set, that's not
the normal default, so it somehow got turned on. When that's enabled, this is
the expected behaviour. If you move back and disable it again all will be well.
Comment 10 drago01 2006-07-14 05:36:37 EDT
(In reply to comment #9)
> + <node oor:name="Accessibility">
> +  <prop oor:name="IsAutomaticFontColor" oor:type="xs:boolean">
> + <value>true</value>
> 
> There it is, "tools->options->openoffice.org->accessibility->use automatic font
> color for screen display"
> 
> Move your old config back, and you'll see that that option was set, that's not
> the normal default, so it somehow got turned on. When that's enabled, this is
> the expected behaviour. If you move back and disable it again all will be well.
> 

thx!
this was it.. I might have changed it after installing FC5 but can't remember it
(I configured OO the first time after install) ..
Comment 11 Caolan McNamara 2006-07-14 06:05:15 EDT
At least I *hope* it's not a bug, in that it was manually toggled on, and not
that some bizarre bug autotoggled it on incorrectly.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.