Description of problem:
Normally users have to type full key combinations of certain Chinese character,
or they could just input the first few keystrokes and selecting from the
possible candidates on prebuffer.
Try to let user could use "*" key to substitute the input of middle keystrokes.
i.e. input first key + "*" + last key and show up the possible candidates on
It has no difference as "Quick Input" method which ALWAYS request for the first
and the last key but Chang-Jie uses "*" to trigger the feature.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Could have a look on the Chang-Jie input method on other OSes.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Turn on SCIM Chang-Jie input method.
2. Input the first key of a Chinese character.
3. Input "*" key.
4. Input the last key of such Chinese character.
5. Possible candidates appears on the pre-edit buffer.
6. Users select the character they want by pressing corresponding key as usual.
User have to input either full keystorkes or first few keystrokes in order for
User could get the character they want even they just remember the first and the
last key of specific character.
This may already be fixed in 0.5.7.
scim-tables-0.5.7-1.fc7 has been built btw.
FYI, the function is not available in:
Ignore comment#3, the feature IS available in: