Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 199523
Thunderbird freezes when going deep in IMAP tree during subscription.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:38 EST
Description of problem:
Thunderbird freezes when user is browsing deeper in folders tree.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Browsing deep in subscription window.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a existing IMAP server. (e.g. pobox)
2. Setup IMAP account in Thunderbird.
3. Create folders with "." in pobox -> Mail Account Management -> setACL's ->
New Folder Creation. e.g. "Accounts.GMail.SCIM-devel" (preferable a longer name
4. Right click on first item on folder list of the IMAP account and select
5. In subscribe list, keep go into deeper and deeper of folder location by
clicking on "+" signs.
6. It freezes at 15-20 depths.
Freezed Thunderbird which only kill process could be performed.
It arrives the deepest level of IMAP folder location.
Evolution has no problems with same reproduce procedures.
Fedora Core 5 is no longer supported, could you please reproduce this with the
updated version of the currently supported distribution (Fedora Core 6, or
Fedora 7, or Rawhide)? If this issue turns out to still be reproducible, please
let us know in this bug report. If after a month's time we have not heard back
from you, we will have to close this bug as CANTFIX.
Setting status to NEEDINFO, and awaiting information from the reporter.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, I am not going to reproduce it on FC6 or F7. This problem should be that
often happen because it is quite hard to have someone's imap tree with deep
levels. Please kindly close this bug. Cheers.