Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 201722
anaconda crashes during ftp install
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:39 EST
Description of problem:
I was doing an FTP install off
ftp://mirror.eas.muohio.edu/fedora/linux/core/test/5.91/i386/os, and twice
anaconda while in the "preparing the installation" screen told me it had an
unhandled error/exception, I think it was. I was using a Compaq DeskPro EN, and
the CD disk one.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot off the CD 1
2. linux askmethod
4. DCHP, IPv4, IPv6 all selected
5. remove all linux partitions and create /, /boot, and /home partitions
6. manually set hostname first time, by DHCP second time.
7. select all three extra tasks (first time); second time, none selected
8. start installation
Anaconda crashed with error message, "unhandled exception"
add package libgnomeprintui22-2.12.1-5.i386.rpm and continue; add package
libmng-1.0.9-5.1.i386.rpm and continue
As I look through the log files generated (attached), I see other error messages
- I don't know if those are related to the visible problem.
-- Bug 198766 - this might be related.
Created attachment 133792 [details]
The two traceback logs in one file
Missing variable initialization in urlinstall.py. Fixed in CVS, will be in the
next anaconda package build.