Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 203414
Prefs dialog issues
Last modified: 2014-03-16 23:01:36 EDT
1) a button for enabling? Not a checkbox?
2) The 'do you want to keep this' dialog appears a good 2-3 seconds before
compiz finishes starting
3) You don't get the 'do you want to keep this' dialog when you turn it off.
Let me comment in reverse order:
3. The reason we have the "Do you want to keep this" in the first place is that
compiz might cause the computer to lock up. If that happens and the setting was
already changed, the same lockup would happen on the next login, hence the cop
out dialog box.
When you turn it off, there isn't the same risk, because we assume that metacity
works. Although I should probably change it apply the setting *before*
attempting to start metacity (if compiz should lock up when it shuts down).
2. Is hard to fix without heuristically waiting a good 2-3 seconds before
showing the dialog.
1. Weird, admittedly. The reason is that it is really unexpected to have a
checkbox pop up a dialog box.
The reason is that a togglebutton signals an 'action' rather than a toggle.
Erh, ignore the last line of that comment ...
One other note - it's very likely that, when switching, the popup will be
*under* the prefs dialog. Not sure how you fix this in the absence of a WM at
the time it appears.
As for #2, you could do some really gross 'have compiz send dialog a signal when
it's fully initialized', or something.
Hmm, I guess we could wait until compiz registers itself as the window manager,
and only then show the dialog. That might also take care of the modal dialog box
showing up below the box.
I was just about to propose watching the _WM_S0 selection for ownerchip changes
Fixed in rawhide.