Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 204659
add oval support to backend code
Last modified: 2007-04-18 13:48:29 EDT
Description of problem:
Add capability to handle oval file support to the backend importlib code.
Basically errata-tool will send the oval-meta data in an xml-rpc call along with
the erratum. On the backend side we need to create an oval 'xml' file from the
metadata and put it on the filesystem. Then fill the erratum with relevant data
for the info to be populated into the db.
Steps to implement:
1. modify errata-tool to get oval info through an xml-rpc call.
2. add capability to backend to read the oval metadata and generate oval xml
files by filling an oval template and dump it on RHN filesystem.
3. change the backend code to populate the db with relevant data along with the
erratum info and hand it of to put on the webui.
the step #2 is ok for hosted. But if we want to worry about satellite support as
well, it would be more flexible if we could embed the xml data directly into the
db. That way sat-sync will not have to be changed later( this is still not big
concern for 415 timeframe as its going to be a hosted only release.)
handle oval info sent through the errata-tool and populate the db with the
revelant info for webui to access it.
The basic functionality is in place.
- created a dummy erratum with oval metadata
- modified backend to grab the oval metadata from erratum and generate oval xml
files and dumps them on a specified mount point.
- modified importlib to get the file info for the xml on FS and munge it to
populate the oval info along with the rest of the erratum.
Verified. Basic functionality works. Individual bugs will be entered for
moving from VERIFIED to RELEASE_PENDING since stage push is complete
closing -- current release. RHN415 is now in production.