Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 205063
Printer Settings such as A4 page size not retained on non-default printers
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:42 EST
Description of problem:
On a system with a number of printers, all of which are configured to default
page size of A4, when using a non-default printer, the page size reverts to US
Letter page size after every printing.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Firefox 184.108.40.206 ... but seems that Mozilla (and probably Firefox) has had
problems with A4 for a long time .. ref:
Happens every time
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup multiple A4 printers with default page size as A4
2. In Firefox: File | Print
3. Choose a non-default printer
4. Check properties.
5. Even though default page size for printer is A4, properties has reverted to
US Letter page size
6. Change to A4 and change gap from edge of paper to margin to preferred widths.
8. Go to File | Print
9. Choose a non-default printer
10. check properties
11. Even though default page size for printer is A4, properties has reverted to
US Letter page size.
12. Sometime gap from edge of paper to margin settings are maintained betwene
printings. Sometimes they are not.
Firefox should detect system-wide printer settings and apply to its print properties
Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 are, as we're sure you've noticed, no longer
test releases. We're cleaning up the bug database and making sure important bug
reports filed against these test releases don't get lost. It would be helpful if
you could test this issue with a released version of Fedora or with the latest
development / test release. Thanks for your help and for your patience.
[This is a bulk message for all open FC5/FC6 test release bugs. I'm adding
myself to the CC list for each bug, so I'll see any comments you make after this
and do my best to make sure every issue gets proper attention.]