Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 20910
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:29:51 EDT
I just had a look at kdm:
(1) Background is still missing.
(2) Several system accounts show up in the user listing
e.g.: apache, rpcuser, mailnull,....
(3) The session type default does not work properly!
I'd like to start kde from .xsession as
exec ssh-agent startkde
But somehow kdm starts kde itself by calling startkde as well:
[gerald@soliton gerald]$ ps x
PID TTY STAT TIME COMMAND
26136 ? S 0:00 sh /usr/bin/startkde
26144 ? S 0:00 ssh-agent
The result is that calling ssh-add from "Autostart" does no longer work.
Looking into it...
(3) is fixed in xinitrc-3.1-1
(1) Is caused since kdm looks for /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup but the file is called
They're all fixed in 2.0.20010108-1.
*** Bug 22653 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The user "named" still shows up in ther UserView.