Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 211248
Translated entries are still in English
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:46 EST
I am a translator of the Brazilian Portuguese language and I noticed that some
system-config-services entries are not showing their translations correctly. In
fact, they are translated, but the program is showing them in English. It is
happening on a FC6T3 update, system-config-services version 0.9.1-1.
I gave a look on the .pot file and realized that these entries are not on it.
However they are on the .po file, but they are commented (maybe a error on .pot).
Probably this is happening with other languages too. For instance, the menu
entry "Services" does not exist on the .pot file and it is commented on the .po.
Other entries with the same problem:
I attached my .po language file for additional information. It might be
interesting to give a look on the last entries of the file, specially the last
one (the menu entry).
Thanks in advance.
Created attachment 138741 [details]
Brazilian Portuguese Translation File
Created attachment 138742 [details]
system-config-services .pot file
Similar situation with Serbian translation.
This should probably be considered together with bug #207345
Fixed in version 0.9.2, the strings in question might need to be re-translated
or uncommented in the po files. I've built this version only in Rawhide, as it
is a bit pointless to have updates for FC-5/6 as long as the strings haven't
been dealt with accordingly. Changing the status to MODIFIED, I'll close when
updates (with the strings) for FC5/6 bhave been built.
It seams ok by now. There are some commented entries left in my .po file but I
think they are no longer in use.
I know it is too late to include this on FC6 but it is ok to receive it as an
update later, users will be satisfied as well.
Thanks for supporting this bug.
I want to wait a while before picking up updated translations to give the other
translators a chance to get theirs in as well.
No problem at all :)
Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6 are, as we're sure you've noticed, no longer
test releases. We're cleaning up the bug database and making sure important bug
reports filed against these test releases don't get lost. It would be helpful if
you could test this issue with a released version of Fedora or with the latest
development / test release. Thanks for your help and for your patience.
[This is a bulk message for all open FC5/FC6 test release bugs. I'm adding
myself to the CC list for each bug, so I'll see any comments you make after this
and do my best to make sure every issue gets proper attention.]
This one is fixed on Fedora 7 Test 3.
The bug report can be closed.