Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 212356
FC6 anacron version is older than FC5
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:46 EST
Description of problem:
The FC5 anacron version is anacron-2.3-42.fc5. FC6 is 2.3-41.fc6, which is older.
Steps to Reproduce:
Upgrade from an updated FC5 to FC6
Still have old anacron
yap , I got the same problem , simply rpm -e anacron ; yum -y install anacron
Looking at the changelog for 2.3-42.fc5 (the latest FC5 version), backstepping
to 2.3-41.fc6 would re-introduce a memory leak.
Looks like we need a 2.3-42.fc6 in updates.
>> rpm -q --changelog anacron | head
* Wed Oct 11 2006 Marcela Maslanova <email@example.com> 2.3-42
- hostname added to email (#208914)
- fix memory leaking (both #210020)
- PIE executable
* Fri Sep 29 2006 Marcela Maslanova <firstname.lastname@example.org> 2.3-41
- change spec file - patch from Orion Poplawski (#191410)
I rebuild it with new release number. It will be ok in updates in few days.