Description of problem:
1. download dvd iso and verified disk before install
2. select software development option
3. accept default settings for LVM
4. when asked to add a used I gave a password with
only 4 letters and it complained that it was not
secure enough. The system went forward anyway,
and did not let me go back to change the password.
5. Completed install
6. When the login screen should appear the graphic
is only half the screen and the system freezes
7. Reboot and next time the whole screen is visible
with a white overlay and only 3.4 of the size of the
8. Cannot login. No user exists but I can get
to single user mode by editing grub and login
9. The machine is not connected to the internet,
but I could play with the settings and then try
10. Nothing found in search for similar bugs, but
I do not think this can only be me.
Recommendations? What info do you want added
to the bug? What commands to run to get
the info? I can deal with the general stuff
but may need some guidance if it gets into
running debug traces.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Bugzilla complained on submitting this:
Invalid Product Name
The product name '' is invalid or does not exist.
Please press Back and try again.
I did this, so 212799 is a duplicate and marked as such.
NOTE: The product name was showing "fedora core"
*** Bug 212799 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The problem was the graphics adapter.
The system was using a card with a Trident Blade 3D (1999) chip.
I plugged in a newer card and it worked.
Is the card too old to be supported?
We no longer support Fedora Core 6 and I am currently trying to get my open bug
count down to a more manageable state. I'm going to close this bug as WONTFIX.
If this issue is still a concern for you, would you mind trying to reproduce on
a supported version of Fedora and reopening?
(this is a mass message)