Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 214299
APM support of InfiniBand stack is not working
Last modified: 2007-11-16 20:14:54 EST
Description of problem: Automatic Path Migration Support of InfiniBand doesn't
work with RHEL4 U4. There are several fixes being developed by
www.openfabrics.org. We need the full feature of APM to work correctly. That means
1. Able to setup a connection with alternate path
2. Able to fail over to alternate path when primary path fails
3. Able to load new alternate path after fail over
4. Able to get notification that remote node is down and migration happend
5. Able to get nofification that remote node has come up
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Connect two computers with IB cables, connect both ports
2. setup the connection
3. remove cable for primary port
connection will hang.
Expected results: it should work.
OpenFabrics.Org in RHEL4.4 still is Tech Preview and the plan for 4.5 is to pull
in the current upstream. As there is no code yet, please test with a current
RHEL5 Beta snapshot.
Please test the forthcoming Beta of RHEL 4.5 by contacting Neena Bhatnager
within Symantec to integrate with their testing if possible. Once the first 4.5
drops are released, please report bugs based on that release.