Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 214354
The amount of the memory allocation is changed to the limit of the maximum memory, when a VM starts.
Last modified: 2010-10-22 02:51:36 EDT
Description of problem:
The amount of memory allocation is changed to the limit of maximum
memory after creating a VM based on the XML file which dumped from
a VM with changing amount of memory allocation.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Version : 0.1.7
Release : 2
Steps to Reproduce:
#virsh create /tmp/vm.xml
2.Change amount of memory allocation
#virsh setmem 14 128000
#virsh dumpxml > /tmp/vm1.xml
#virsh shutdown vm
#virsh create /tmp/vm1.xml
The amount of memory allocation is changed to the limit
of maximum memory after creating a VM based on the XML file
which dumped from a VM with changing amount of memory allocation.
The amount of memory allocation is succeeded to after creating
a VM based on the XML file which dumped from a VM with changing
amount of memory allocation.
The XML file which I used is attached.
I have a patch for this, I just commited it upstream with extra regression
tests. I checked, with a RHEL5b2 domu resized from 385Mb to 175Mb, the XML
dump now says:
and the domain is now recreated as expected, xm list --long says:
So I guess this fixes it. Patch enclosed, however I have no garantee it will
make RHEL5 GA,
Created attachment 140876 [details]
patch for this bug
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux major release. Product Management has requested further
review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for potential inclusion in a Red
Hat Enterprise Linux Major release. This request is not yet committed for
Patch commited in libvirt upstream
QE ack for RHEL5.
Okay libvirt-0.1.8-6.el5 has been built with the fix,
Requesting exception for 5.0.0 --- patch and package both ready and waiting to
go, and QA have approved testing.
A package has been built which should help the problem described in
this bug report. This report is therefore being closed with a resolution
of CURRENTRELEASE. You may reopen this bug report if the solution does
not work for you.