Description of problem:
I had set up phone filesystem access in the past.
It no longer works, I'm getting "Chyba při přístupu k souborovému systému. sshfs byl ukončen s kódem 1" (= Error accessing filesystem. Sshfs exited with code 1.)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install kdeconnect on the computer and the phone, pair them
2. in kdeconnect on phone, go to modules settings
3. enable filesystem access module, add a share
4. on the computer, open dolphin
5. try to open your phone from the devices list
6. try to access the share
5. there is a lock icon over the share icon and computer is flooded with errors "Chyba při přístupu k souborovému systému. sshfs byl ukončen s kódem 1"
(Error accessing filesystem. Sshfs exited with code 1.)
6. Soubor nebo složka /run/user/1000/fb712b4e8a4627e9/primary neexistuje.
(File or folder ... does not exist.)
5. no lock over the share icon, no errors
6. you can open the share and see the files and folders on your phone
note that checking apps permissions on the phone, I have found that kdeconnect does not have the filesystem access privilege, which looks like a nonsense as it has worked in the past - I've enabled it but it still does not work
trying to add a new share, I got a question whether I would like to enable kdeconnect to access the folder ... why, if it already has the filesystem access? and even if I answer yes, I am asked again when retrying to add the same folder
- note that I don't see any method to remove the share, only to uncheck it
and also note, even if this turns out to be problem in the mobile part, there are still two things to be fixed in the desktop part:
1) if there's an error, don't flood the desktop with the error message announcements, one is enough
2) print some sane error message which indicates what the problem is
pro 13 16:14:21 kvolny kdeconnectd: /usr/bin/fusermount: entry for /run/user/1000/fb712b4e8a4627e9 not found in /etc/mtab
pro 13 16:14:21 kvolny kdeconnectd: QDBusAbstractAdaptor: Cannot relay signal SftpPlugin::packetReceived(NetworkPacket): Unregistered input type in parameter list: NetworkPacket
Can confirm the same issue. An upstream bug report exists and I have marked it as confirmed there. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419897
(In reply to Justin Zobel from comment #1)
> Can confirm the same issue. An upstream bug report exists and I have marked
> it as confirmed there. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=419897
thanks for the link
however, I'm pretty sure it was working for me by the time the upstream bug was reported ... I don't know exactly when it broke (I haven't used filetransfer for quite a time as I sync my photos to Nextcloud, so I have them at hand without having to copy manually), however I've been using kdeconnect heavily last summer (because it was more reliable than usb transfer which interrupts all the time :-/)
I don't know if kde-connect or dolphin is complaining but the root of the problem is openssh-8.8p1-7.fc37. I compiled openssh-9.1p1 from source and installed it. TOK now.
I spoke too soon. It stopped working. I think it pointed the way. If openssh is updated and all the dependents are recompiled it should be OK.
FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede has been submitted as an update to Fedora 37. https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede
Update for fix submitted to Fedora 37 and will be submitted to Fedora 36 once tested.
FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede has been pushed to the Fedora 37 testing repository.
Soon you'll be able to install the update with the following command:
`sudo dnf upgrade --enablerepo=updates-testing --refresh --advisory=FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede`
You can provide feedback for this update here: https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede
See also https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Updates_Testing for more information on how to test updates.
FEDORA-2023-9032c78ede has been pushed to the Fedora 37 stable repository.
If problem still persists, please make note of it in this bug report.