Bug 215620 - automounter is crashing.
automounter is crashing.
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: autofs (Show other bugs)
6
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Ian Kent
Brock Organ
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-11-14 16:11 EST by Daniel Walsh
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: current
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-02-14 08:58:06 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint. (2.73 KB, patch)
2006-11-14 23:55 EST, Ian Kent
no flags Details | Diff
Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint - revision 2. (3.50 KB, patch)
2006-11-15 07:07 EST, Ian Kent
no flags Details | Diff

  None (edit)
Description Daniel Walsh 2006-11-14 16:11:37 EST
Description of problem:

Add this line to auto.master

foo /etc/auto.foo

Create /etc/auto.foo
test server:/dir

service autofs restart 

Crashes.
Comment 1 Ian Kent 2006-11-14 23:55:12 EST
Created attachment 141223 [details]
Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint.

Hi Dan,

Please try this patch for me.
I think it will resolve the problem.

Ian
Comment 2 Ian Kent 2006-11-15 06:12:41 EST
Comment on attachment 141223 [details]
Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint.

Broken
Comment 3 Ian Kent 2006-11-15 07:07:17 EST
Created attachment 141255 [details]
Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint - revision 2.

Try this one instead please.
Comment 4 Ian Kent 2006-11-20 10:46:59 EST
(In reply to comment #3)
> Created an attachment (id=141255) [edit]
> Fix master map parse fail on bad mountpoint - revision 2.
> 
> Try this one instead please.

Dan,

Did you get a chance to check this patch?

Ian
Comment 5 Daniel Walsh 2006-11-20 12:50:34 EST
No sorry.  Do you have an rpm I could just install rather then trying to build
the code myself.  i386.

Dan
Comment 6 Ian Kent 2006-11-21 09:19:32 EST
(In reply to comment #5)
> No sorry.  Do you have an rpm I could just install rather then trying to build
> the code myself.  i386.

I built 0.rc2.22.1 into dist-fc6-scratch.
It has a couple of other patches as well, one was actually
a dependency of the patch I posted. Lucky you didn't try
to build it.

Ian


Comment 7 Daniel Walsh 2006-11-21 15:36:28 EST
I installed this version and  it is no longer crashing.

Although I do not see /foo showing up.

I see no mountpoints.
Comment 8 Ian Kent 2006-11-22 02:36:32 EST
(In reply to comment #7)
> I installed this version and  it is no longer crashing.
> 
> Although I do not see /foo showing up.
> 
> I see no mountpoints.

What is in your master map?
Can you post it please.

Ian
Comment 9 Ian Kent 2006-11-22 02:54:59 EST
(In reply to comment #7)
> 
> Although I do not see /foo showing up.

Not showing up?
Where did you look?
You don't see autofs mounts in the output of mount
or in /etc/mtab anymore. If you wish to check the
autofs mounts have been setup you need to check in
/proc/mounts now.

Also I see that there's no mention of the correction
needed to the line in the master map that triggered
this bug. So just to be sure your aware of it that
line should read:

/foo      /etc/auto.foo

In the master map all entries must start the full path
of the autofs managed mount point (except direct map
entries, but that's another story).

auto.foo itself looks OK.

Ian
Comment 10 Ian Kent 2006-12-12 00:03:06 EST
(In reply to comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #7)
> > 
> > Although I do not see /foo showing up.
> 
> Not showing up?
> Where did you look?
> You don't see autofs mounts in the output of mount
> or in /etc/mtab anymore. If you wish to check the
> autofs mounts have been setup you need to check in
> /proc/mounts now.
> 
> Also I see that there's no mention of the correction
> needed to the line in the master map that triggered
> this bug. So just to be sure your aware of it that
> line should read:
> 
> /foo      /etc/auto.foo
> 
> In the master map all entries must start the full path
> of the autofs managed mount point (except direct map
> entries, but that's another story).
> 
> auto.foo itself looks OK.

Hi Dan,

Could you please review these comments and check the version
of autofs in FC-6 at the moment and let me know whether this
is still broken for you please.

Ian

Comment 11 Daniel Walsh 2006-12-12 10:38:21 EST
This worked for me.  I don't have a FC6 machine handy for me right now.  The
last problem was a configuration problem
Comment 12 Ian Kent 2007-02-14 01:19:16 EST
I believe this issue should be resolved.
Is it OK to close this?

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.