Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 216650
NetworkManager does not display VPN menu when connected to a wired network.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:49 EST
Description of problem: NetworkManager does not display VPN menu when connected
to a wired network on a machine with no wireless NIC.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): Fedora Core 6
How reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make sure the Ethernet interface is configured to be OFF by default and
enabled by all users in "network-config"
2. Make sure that NetworkManager Service is enabled in run-level 3,4,5
3. Restart the machine and log in.
4. Observe that the wired connection has been established with the Network.
5. Click on the NetworkManager notification area icon
6. Observe that it has only one option - the current wired network.
Actual results: The NetworkManager menu displays only the current wired network
Expected results: The VPN configuration menu should be visible as well
This is not a bug - my mistake. Hadn't installed the VPN plug-ins to