Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 217806
Review Request: tk-tktreectrl - flexible listbox widget for Tk
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:50 EST
Spec URL: http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/tktreectrl.spec
SRPM URL: http://www.kobold.org/~wart/fedora/tktreectrl-2.2-1.src.rpm
Flexible listbox widget for Tk
Update to 2.2.1:
This has been sitting for ages. I'll take a look.
I note that 2.2.3 is out.
The resulting package doesn't end up with any kind of dependency on tcl or tk.
I'm not really sure if it should.
There is some sort of test suite present. I have no idea whether it could be
run automatically. I know essentially nothing about tcl so I don't even know
how to do manual testing.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
X latest version is not being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
? final provides and requires missing dependency on tk?
tktreectrl = 2.2.1-1.fc8
? %check is not present. There's some sort of test suite present; I have no
idea whether it could be run in mock.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
The test suite requires a running X server. I could probably hack something
together to run Xvfb or Xnest or something similar in %check, but I'm not sure
that it's worth the effort.
Updated to latest version and added missing Requires: on tcl/tk:
I really doubt there's any point in hacking out a test version. I trust that
you can test this yourself when you need to.
Everything looks good to me now, but there's one important problem: it fails to
build for me. The spec in the srpm has a %check section but the one linked
above doesn't. (That sure confused me for a while.)
Anyway, I think the package is fine, but you'll need to comment out the "make
test" bit in order to get this through the buildsys.
Sorry about the 'make test' snafu. I had removed it from my testing spec file,
but forgot to upload the updated spec after removing it.
I'll make sure it's gone before building.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: tk-tktreectrl
Short Description: Flexible listbox widget for Tk
Branches: FC-6 F-7
Installed and built on rawhide. Thanks!