Bug 218450 - Segmentation fault in ialloc
Segmentation fault in ialloc
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: gcc (Show other bugs)
6
i386 Linux
medium Severity high
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Jakub Jelinek
: Reopened
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2006-12-05 08:29 EST by Giorgione
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-12-05 09:56:56 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
this is my executable (4.97 MB, application/x-tar)
2006-12-05 08:48 EST, Giorgione
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Giorgione 2006-12-05 08:29:41 EST
Description of problem:
When I run my executable -statically linked- I got
"Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x080f1039 in ialloc_ ()"


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
All fedora except fedora_core4 kernel 2.6.16-1.2069 (smp)


How reproducible:


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:
All others linux distributions do not show the bug.
Comment 1 Jakub Jelinek 2006-12-05 08:39:50 EST
A crash in your statically linked executable is something you need to debug
yourself, most likely you have a bug in your program.  There is nothing
in the above info which would show that there is a bug in glibc or gcc,
ialloc_ is not a glibc nor gcc routine.
If you are trying to compile/link statically on one distro and run on a
different one, please also read:
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/no_static_linking.html
Comment 2 Giorgione 2006-12-05 08:48:02 EST
Created attachment 142842 [details]
this is my executable

Hi!
Untar the package, then:

cd ptolemy/Test
./pto_dw1

Before reporting the bug we really tried wery hard whit all fedora's version in
our department. We tried also with RedHat E.E. AS4 and it worked.
Thanks.
Comment 3 Giorgione 2006-12-05 09:36:39 EST
Hi Jakub,
in my humble opinion the bug is in malloc...
I don't think problem is in my statically linked executable because it works
very well in redhat ee as_4 and in other distributions. The problem is only with
fedora_core.

Giorgio
Comment 4 Giorgione 2006-12-05 09:38:26 EST
Hi Jakub,
in my humble opinion the bug is in malloc...
I don't think problem is in my statically linked executable because it works
very well in redhat ee as_4 and in other distributions. The problem is only with
fedora_core.

Giorgio
Comment 5 Jakub Jelinek 2006-12-05 09:56:56 EST
That doesn't prove anything.  If you suspect malloc being a problem, you need
to link it dynamically and check with all the memory allocation analyzers first.
Start with valgrind, ElectricFence, MALLOC_CHECK_=3.
You are using ifort which is proprietary and the source isn't valid Fortran77
anyway (e.g. CALGRA is sometimes used as it if was a FUNCTION, sometimes as
a PROCEDURE) and can't be compiled with gfortran because of that to check it out.
Bugzilla is for reporting bugs, not for throwing random third party programs
and telling there is a bug somewhere, please find it for me.
You need to do your homework first.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.