Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 22003
up2date fails to "Get Header for Avail Packages"
Last modified: 2005-10-31 17:00:50 EST
Upgraded a workstation install from 6.2 to 7.0. Installed
2.0.6-1 from the CD via "rpm- ivh" since it was not
initially on my 6.2. The app worked several times and then
began to error out on "Get Headers for Available
Error messages received refer to:
My search did not find a similar bug report.
Created attachment 6250 [details]
Decided to make a low priority and severity since the work-around
is to manually ftp the desired RPM upgrades from the Red Hat
(12/12/2000) Per submitter: I decided to once again remove the
up2date application. I notices a message about /var/spool/up2date
not being empty. As root, I removed all the rpm and hdr files and
then removed the directory. I downloaded and installed up2date
again and it completed downloading the headers, as well as
the packages themselves. Seems like my config must have "froze"
or something. Seems like the bug can be closed.
fixed in errata being released shortly.