Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 226789
nfs failover does not work properly when specifying nfs_lock_workaround
Last modified: 2009-04-16 16:21:58 EDT
Description of problem:
If you specify a specific nfsclient, and you have nfs_lock_workaround
specified, the nfs script will do an exportfs -u *:/dir, but that won't
actually match properly and the mount will not be unexported. This patch
fixes the problem.
Created attachment 147113 [details]
patch to fix problem.
The patch is just a reversion to 1.5 from CVS:
RCS file: /cvs/devel/clumanager/src/services/svclib_nfs,v
retrieving revision 1.7
diff -u -r1.7 svclib_nfs
--- src/services/svclib_nfs 16 Jun 2006 16:45:20 -0000 1.7
+++ src/services/svclib_nfs 1 Feb 2007 17:01:44 -0000
@@ -18,7 +18,7 @@
# MA 02139, USA.
-# $Revision: 1.7 $
+# $Revision: 1.5 $
# Author: Tim Burke <tburke at redhat.com>
@@ -420,7 +420,6 @@
typeset svc_name=$(getSvcName $DB $svcID) > /dev/null
typeset export_directory=$(getSvcExportDir $DB $dirtoken) > /dev/null
- typeset nfs_lock_workaround=$(getSvcMgrNFSLock $DB)
case "$command" in
@@ -441,14 +440,7 @@
typeset export_args="$export_opt $export_options
- # Use exportfs -u * always to make sure it gets
- # sent to the kernel if the workaround is set
- if [ "$nfs_lock_workaround" = "yes" ] || \
- [ "$nfs_lock_workaround" = "1" ]; then
- typeset export_args="-u *:$export_directory"
- typeset export_args="-u $export_client:$export_directory"
+ typeset export_args="-u $export_client:$export_directory"
logAndPrint $LOG_ERR "export_client: Invalid command $command"
Tested failover with child-subdirectories (208995 / w/ respinned package) w/
* service restarted and relocated correctly even with locks on the file system
* rhel4 clients worked fine
* rhel5 client had a problem, but this is not a clumanager issue.
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.