Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 226941
An unhandled exeption occurred, Componet: Software Updater
Last modified: 2014-01-21 17:57:21 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20061219 Fedora/220.127.116.11-1.fc6 Firefox/18.104.22.168 pango-text
Description of problem:
This has happened on a few occasions, usually a re-boot helps, this time upon second re-boot the problem still exists. Before it happend on this occasion, I forgot to disconnect modem internet connection when powering down computer the session before, upon re-boot, I got an error trying to connect to the internet with kppp telling me there was another instance running and told me to delete the pid something in /root/.kde somewhere, I quit kppp and tried again with success without deleting this pid thing. Then got this exception when using GUI software updater, shut everything down and re-booted and got same problem. This is the first time it happened twice in a row.
I have forgot to disconnect modem connection in the past also, not sure if this software updater issue happened after those instances, but got a gut feeling it was some situation. Crash dump file is attached.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Using GUI software updater to check for updates
It should have gone through the scan for updates
Can you provide the traceback you received?
Created attachment 147422 [details]
Traceback for Bug 226941
Can you post your config file(/etc/yum.conf) and your /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo
files? I think one of them has a typo in it that is causing the problem you're
Created attachment 147436 [details]
Created attachment 147437 [details]
Created attachment 147438 [details]
Created attachment 147439 [details]
Created attachment 147440 [details]
Created attachment 147441 [details]
Created attachment 147442 [details]
Created attachment 147443 [details]
Created attachment 147444 [details]
Created attachment 147445 [details]
Created attachment 147446 [details]
Created attachment 147447 [details]
I had tried to update a couple times after submiting the bug to no avail either
through GUI or CLI, I also noticed as I shut down that copy of Fedora (as I have
two newer one since), that yum updatesd showed (failed). The attachments are
from affected copy.
in your yum.conf you have:
# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - ATrpms
see the 'space' in front of [atrpms]
get rid of the space. see if it works.
Yes that appears to be the animal that you need to hunt down, I took out the
space and used the GUI, it did the scan and presented a list. I quit to come to
this third copy of Fedora to retrieve rpms in the caches to avoid
re-downloading. I had just imported that key not to long before this event
(bug), I got the import information at this site:
I also noticed there is a notice (warning) at the top of the page, not sure if I
seen it when I was there last. So now I will transfer the rpms to their
respective caches and try to update it, if I say no more here, everything's cool.
After looking back at past steps, it appears I may have set up atrpms repo from
http://atrpms.net/install.html as I also noticed a new atrpm cache folder, also
noticed a atrpm update as I applied updates.