Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 226948
(MGA) X-Window is too big to exceed the screen band width during installation
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:41 EST
Description of problem:
1. GUI X-Window will always too big to exceed the screen band width during
installation. boot command "linux resolution=800x600" is useless.
2. After installation, X-Window display is abnormal.
3. Both RHEL5 Beta2 x86 and x86-64 have the some error situation.
Platform: Gateway E-9422R and E-9522R (AMD Opteron system) VGA chipset: Maxtrox
Inc, MGA G200e [Pilot] ServerEngines (SEP1) (rev02)
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. CD/DVD boot or PXE boot to install RHEL5 Beta2
2. GUI Installation window over screen band width.
3. After finished installation, X-Window display also looks abnormal.
1. FC6 has the same VGA display error situation. (Bug 226945)
2. In RHEL5 Beta2, after updated vendor driver the X-Window display will become
normally. But about OS installation stage, still no solution.
3. Newest vendor drivers have been attached in Bug 226945.
Attached ID=147190 and 147191
Created attachment 147485 [details]
RHEL5 beta2 original (without manual config) xorg.conf after finished installation.
Created attachment 147486 [details]
RHEL5 beta2 original (without manual config) Xorg.0.log after finished installation.
Created attachment 147487 [details]
RHEL5 beta2 xorg.conf after finished VGA driver update and configuration.
Created attachment 147488 [details]
RHEL5 beta2 Xorg.0.log after finished VGA driver update and configuration.
Please reference to the new attached files for your requirement.
Basically, FC6 i386/X86-64 and RHEL5 beta2 i386/X86-64 have the same VGA issue.
Verified with RHEL5-RC1 x86_64, this issue has been fixed.
Please close this issue.