Bug 227087 - Review Request: modello-1.0-0.a8.4jpp - Modello Data Model toolkit
Review Request: modello-1.0-0.a8.4jpp - Modello Data Model toolkit
Status: CLOSED NEXTRELEASE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Package Review (Show other bugs)
rawhide
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Permaine Cheung
Fedora Package Reviews List
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2007-02-02 12:47 EST by Rafael H. Schloming
Modified: 2014-12-01 18:13 EST (History)
2 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-03-20 10:59:13 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---
pcheung: fedora‑review+
wtogami: fedora‑cvs+


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Rafael H. Schloming 2007-02-02 12:47:13 EST
Spec URL: http://people.redhat.com/rafaels/specs/modello-1.0-0.a8.4jpp.spec
SRPM URL: ftp://jpackage.hmdc.harvard.edu/JPackage/1.7/generic/SRPMS.free/modello-1.0-0.a8.4jpp.src.rpm
Description: Modello is a Data Model toolkit in use by the
http://maven.apache.org/maven2.
It all starts with the Data Model. Once a data model is defined,
the toolkit can be used to generate any of the following at compile
time.
Java POJOs of the model.
Java POJOs to XML Writer (provided via xpp3 or dom4j).
XML to Java Pojos Reader (provided via xpp3 or dom4j).
XDoc documentation of the data model.
Java model to [Prevayler|http://www.prevayler.org/] Store.
Java model to [JPOX|http://www.jpox.org/] Store.
Java model to [JPOX|http://www.jpox.org/] Mapping.

Javadoc for modello.
Comment 1 Tania Bento 2007-02-26 14:38:02 EST
Here are the links to an update spec file and source rpm:

SPEC FILE:
https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/249/modello.spec

SOURCE RPM:
https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/250/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.src.rpm
Comment 2 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-02 14:40:05 EST
I'll take this one.
Comment 3 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-02 16:36:55 EST
Please fix items marked by X:
MUST:
* package is named appropriately
 - match upstream tarball or project name
 - try to match previous incarnations in other distributions/packagers for
consistency
 - specfile should be %{name}.spec
 - non-numeric characters should only be used in Release (ie. cvs or
   something)
 - for non-numerics (pre-release, CVS snapshots, etc.), see
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#PackageRelease
 - if case sensitivity is requested by upstream or you feel it should be
   not just lowercase, do so; otherwise, use all lower case for the name
* is it legal for Fedora to distribute this?
 - OSI-approved
 - not a kernel module
 - not shareware
 - is it covered by patents?
 - it *probably* shouldn't be an emulator
 - no binary firmware
X license field matches the actual license.
I can't find the license for this project, could you please point me to it?
* license is open source-compatible.
 - use acronyms for licences where common
* specfile name matches %{name}
X verify source and patches (md5sum matches upstream, know what the patches do)
 - please put clear instructions on how to generate the the source drop, the
   svn export command doesn't work
* skim the summary and description for typos, etc.
* correct buildroot
 - should be:
   %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-root-%(%{__id_u} -n)
* if %{?dist} is used, it should be in that form (note the ? and %
locations)
* license text included in package and marked with %doc
* keep old changelog entries; use judgement when removing (too old?
useless?)
* packages meets FHS (http://www.pathname.com/fhs/)
X rpmlint on <this package>.srpm gives no output
W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java - this is ok
W: modello unversioned-explicit-provides modello-maven-plugin -please fix
W: modello mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 9, tab: line 36) -please fix
 
* changelog format is ok
* Packager tag should not be used
* Vendor tag should not be used
* Distribution tag should not be used
* use License and not Copyright
* Summary tag should not end in a period
* if possible, replace PreReq with Requires(pre) and/or Requires(post)
X specfile is legible
 - should have %define _with_gcj_support 1 at the top of the spec file, please
get rid of %define _with_gcj_support 0 and %define gcj_support 0, and the
%define gcj_support .... doesn't seems like it can be split up into multiple
lines
 
* package successfully compiles and builds on at least x86
* BuildRequires are proper
 - builds in mock will flush out problems here
 - the following packages don't need to be listed in BuildRequires:
   bash
   bzip2
   coreutils
   cpio
   diffutils
   fedora-release (and/or redhat-release)
   gcc
   gcc-c++
   gzip
   make
   patch
   perl
   redhat-rpm-config
   rpm-build
   sed
   tar
   unzip
   which
* summary should be a short and concise description of the package
* description expands upon summary (don't include installation
instructions)
X make sure lines are <= 80 characters
There are a couple of lines that are > 80, please fix those if possible.
* specfile written in American English
* make a -doc sub-package if necessary
 - see
  
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#head-9bbfa57478f0460c6160947a6bf795249488182b
* packages including libraries should exclude static libraries if possible
* don't use rpath
* config files should usually be marked with %config(noreplace)
* GUI apps should contain .desktop files
* should the package contain a -devel sub-package?
* use macros appropriately and consistently
 - ie. %{buildroot} and %{optflags} vs. $RPM_BUILD_ROOT and $RPM_OPT_FLAGS
* don't use %makeinstall
* locale data handling correct (find_lang)
 - if translations included, add BR: gettext and use %find_lang %{name} at the
   end of %install
* consider using cp -p to preserve timestamps
* split Requires(pre,post) into two separate lines
* package should probably not be relocatable
* package contains code
 - see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#CodeVsContent
 - in general, there should be no offensive content
* package should own all directories and files
* there should be no %files duplicates
* file permissions should be okay; %defattrs should be present
* %clean should be present
* %doc files should not affect runtime
* if it is a web apps, it should be in /usr/share/%{name} and *not* /var/www
* verify the final provides and requires of the binary RPMs
* run rpmlint on the binary RPMs
 
SHOULD:
* package should include license text in the package and mark it with %doc
* package should build on i386
* package should build in mock
will try to build after issues are fixed, and BR's are built.
Comment 4 Tania Bento 2007-03-05 10:55:54 EST
X license field matches the actual license.
I can't find the license for this project, could you please point me to it?

http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/modello/license.html

X verify source and patches (md5sum matches upstream, know what the patches do)
 - please put clear instructions on how to generate the the source drop, the
   svn export command doesn't work

The svn export command works for me.

X rpmlint on <this package>.srpm gives no output
W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java - this is ok
W: modello unversioned-explicit-provides modello-maven-plugin -please fix
W: modello mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 9, tab: line 36) -please fix

When I fixed the mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs warning, the
unversioned-explicit-provides warning disappeared.  Perhaps you could double
check this?
 
X specfile is legible
 - should have %define _with_gcj_support 1 at the top of the spec file, please
get rid of %define _with_gcj_support 0 and %define gcj_support 0, and the
%define gcj_support .... doesn't seems like it can be split up into multiple
lines

When I do this, I am no longer able to build:
  java-gcj-compat-devel is needed by modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.i38

X make sure lines are <= 80 characters
There are a couple of lines that are > 80, please fix those if possible.

I fixed most of them.  The ones that I didn't, were causing build errors.



Here are the links to the the source rpm and spec file:

SPEC FILE:
https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/249/modello.spec

SOURCE RPM:
https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/250/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.src.rpm


Comment 5 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-05 13:49:16 EST
(In reply to comment #4)
> X license field matches the actual license.
> I can't find the license for this project, could you please point me to it?
> 
> http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/modello/license.html
> 
That seems to be the license for the modello plugin for maven, i took a look at
their files, and it should be MIT Style license.

> X verify source and patches (md5sum matches upstream, know what the patches do)
>  - please put clear instructions on how to generate the the source drop, the
>    svn export command doesn't work
> 
Hmm.. don't know why it wasn't working before. Sorry about that.

> The svn export command works for me.
> 
> X rpmlint on <this package>.srpm gives no output
> W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java - this is ok
> W: modello unversioned-explicit-provides modello-maven-plugin -please fix
> W: modello mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 9, tab: line 36) -please fix
> 
> When I fixed the mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs warning, the
> unversioned-explicit-provides warning disappeared.  Perhaps you could double
> check this?
I'm still getting all the warnings, could you please double check as well? I
tried both spec file by installing the rpm or just downloading the one from your
 url.
>  
> X specfile is legible
>  - should have %define _with_gcj_support 1 at the top of the spec file, please
> get rid of %define _with_gcj_support 0 and %define gcj_support 0, and the
> %define gcj_support .... doesn't seems like it can be split up into multiple
> lines
> 
> When I do this, I am no longer able to build:
>   java-gcj-compat-devel is needed by modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.i38
> 
Let's find a machine that you can build this on.

> X make sure lines are <= 80 characters
> There are a couple of lines that are > 80, please fix those if possible.
> 
> I fixed most of them.  The ones that I didn't, were causing build errors.
> 
OK.
> 
Another thing is we'll need a without_maven option for this since this is a
dependency for maven
> 
> Here are the links to the the source rpm and spec file:
> 
> SPEC FILE:
> https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/249/modello.spec
> 
> SOURCE RPM:
>
https://tbento.108.redhat.com/files/documents/177/250/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.src.rpm
> 
> 
> 

Comment 6 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-05 13:50:00 EST
Reassigning...
Comment 7 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-06 23:20:32 EST
The BR for maven2 should be: 
BuildRequires:        maven2 >= 2.0.4-9
and there's a missing BR:
BuildRequires:        maven2-plugin-plugin
Comment 8 Matt Wringe 2007-03-13 23:36:27 EDT
(In reply to comment #5)
> (In reply to comment #4)
> > X license field matches the actual license.
> > I can't find the license for this project, could you please point me to it?
> > 
> > http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/plugins/modello/license.html
> > 
> That seems to be the license for the modello plugin for maven, i took a look at
> their files, and it should be MIT Style license.
License changed to MIT

> 
> > X verify source and patches (md5sum matches upstream, know what the patches do)
> >  - please put clear instructions on how to generate the the source drop, the
> >    svn export command doesn't work
> > 
> Hmm.. don't know why it wasn't working before. Sorry about that.
> 
> > The svn export command works for me.
> > 
> > X rpmlint on <this package>.srpm gives no output
> > W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java - this is ok
> > W: modello unversioned-explicit-provides modello-maven-plugin -please fix
> > W: modello mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs (spaces: line 9, tab: line 36)
-please fix
Fixed

> > 
> > When I fixed the mixed-use-of-spaces-and-tabs warning, the
> > unversioned-explicit-provides warning disappeared.  Perhaps you could double
> > check this?
> I'm still getting all the warnings, could you please double check as well? I
> tried both spec file by installing the rpm or just downloading the one from your
>  url.
> >  
> > X specfile is legible
> >  - should have %define _with_gcj_support 1 at the top of the spec file, please
> > get rid of %define _with_gcj_support 0 and %define gcj_support 0, and the
> > %define gcj_support .... doesn't seems like it can be split up into multiple
> > lines
> > 
> > When I do this, I am no longer able to build:
> >   java-gcj-compat-devel is needed by modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.1.i38
> > 
> Let's find a machine that you can build this on.
The gcj issues should be now gone

> > X make sure lines are <= 80 characters
> > There are a couple of lines that are > 80, please fix those if possible.
> > 
> > I fixed most of them.  The ones that I didn't, were causing build errors.

The less than 80 characters restriction is only for the description. You do not
need to make all lines less than 80 characters. 

> > 
> Another thing is we'll need a without_maven option for this since this is a
> dependency for maven

This package does not need to be converted to ant, maven has it as part of its
bootstrapping.

https://mwringe.108.redhat.com/files/documents/175/299/modello.spec
https://mwringe.108.redhat.com/files/documents/175/300/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.src.rpm

Comment 9 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-14 00:14:24 EDT
rpmlint on binary rpms:
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpmlint
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-*rpm
W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java
W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java
W: modello no-documentation
W: modello-javadoc non-standard-group Development/Documentation
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-hibernate-old/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xml/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xdoc/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xsd/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-velocity/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-dom4j/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-prevayler/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-store/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-hibernate-store/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/test/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xpp3/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/core/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-stash/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-jpox/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-ldap/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/maven-plugin/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-dtd/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-ojb/package-list
E: modello-javadoc zero-length
/usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-jdbc/package-list
Are all those zero length files auto-generated files?

Final provides and requires on the binary rpms:
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
config(modello) = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
core-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
modello-maven-plugin = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
plugin-dom4j-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-dtd-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-hibernate-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-hibernate-old-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-jdbc-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-jpox-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-ldap-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-ojb-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-prevayler-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-stash-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-store-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-velocity-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-xdoc-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-xml-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
plugin-xsd-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
test-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
modello = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-debuginfo-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
core-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-dom4j-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-dtd-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-hibernate-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-hibernate-old-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-jdbc-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-jpox-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-ldap-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-ojb-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-prevayler-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-stash-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-store-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-velocity-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-xdoc-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-xml-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
plugin-xsd-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
test-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
modello-debuginfo = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-javadoc-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
modello-javadoc = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
/bin/sh
classworlds >= 0:1.1
config(modello) = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
dtdparser
java-gcj-compat
java-gcj-compat
jpackage-utils >= 0:1.7.2
jpackage-utils >= 0:1.7.2
libc.so.6()(64bit)
libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
libdl.so.2()(64bit)
libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit)
libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)(64bit)
libgcj_bc.so.1()(64bit)
libm.so.6()(64bit)
libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
librt.so.1()(64bit)
libz.so.1()(64bit)
plexus-container-default
plexus-utils
plexus-velocity
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
rtld(GNU_HASH)
velocity
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-debuginfo-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
[pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-javadoc-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
/bin/ln
/bin/rm
/bin/rm
rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
Comment 10 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-14 09:15:00 EDT
Reassigning...
Comment 11 Matt Wringe 2007-03-14 10:49:12 EDT
(In reply to comment #9)
> rpmlint on binary rpms:
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpmlint
> /var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-*rpm
> W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java
> W: modello non-standard-group Development/Java
> W: modello no-documentation
> W: modello-javadoc non-standard-group Development/Documentation
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-hibernate-old/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xml/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xdoc/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xsd/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-velocity/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-dom4j/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-prevayler/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-store/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-hibernate-store/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/test/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-xpp3/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/core/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-stash/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-jpox/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-ldap/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/maven-plugin/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-dtd/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-ojb/package-list
> E: modello-javadoc zero-length
> /usr/share/javadoc/modello-1.0/plugin-jdbc/package-list
> Are all those zero length files auto-generated files?

Yes, these are autogenerated files.

> Final provides and requires on the binary rpms:
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> config(modello) = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> core-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> modello-maven-plugin = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> plugin-dom4j-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-dtd-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-hibernate-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-hibernate-old-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-jdbc-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-jpox-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-ldap-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-ojb-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-prevayler-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-stash-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-store-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-velocity-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-xdoc-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-xml-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> plugin-xsd-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> test-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so()(64bit)
> modello = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-debuginfo-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> core-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> maven-plugin-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-dom4j-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-dtd-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-hibernate-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-hibernate-old-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-jdbc-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-jpox-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-ldap-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-ojb-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-prevayler-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-stash-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-store-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-velocity-1.0-alpha-4-SNAPSHOT.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-xdoc-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-xml-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-xpp3-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> plugin-xsd-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> test-1.0-alpha-8.jar.so.debug()(64bit)
> modello-debuginfo = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --provides
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-javadoc-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> modello-javadoc = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> /bin/sh
> /bin/sh
> /bin/sh
> classworlds >= 0:1.1
> config(modello) = 0:1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7
> dtdparser
> java-gcj-compat
> java-gcj-compat
> jpackage-utils >= 0:1.7.2
> jpackage-utils >= 0:1.7.2
> libc.so.6()(64bit)
> libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.2.5)(64bit)
> libdl.so.2()(64bit)
> libgcc_s.so.1()(64bit)
> libgcc_s.so.1(GCC_3.0)(64bit)
> libgcj_bc.so.1()(64bit)
> libm.so.6()(64bit)
> libpthread.so.0()(64bit)
> librt.so.1()(64bit)
> libz.so.1()(64bit)
> plexus-container-default
> plexus-utils
> plexus-velocity
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
> rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1
> rtld(GNU_HASH)
> velocity
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-debuginfo-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
> rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> [pcheung@to-fcjpp1 review]$ rpm -qp --requires
>
/var/lib/mock/fedora-development-x86_64-core-jpp17-pcheung/result/modello-javadoc-1.0-0.1.a8.4jpp.2.fc7.x86_64.rpm
> /bin/ln
> /bin/rm
> /bin/rm
> rpmlib(CompressedFileNames) <= 3.0.4-1
> rpmlib(PayloadFilesHavePrefix) <= 4.0-1
> 

Comment 12 Permaine Cheung 2007-03-14 13:20:44 EDT
APPROVED.
Please build this in plague, and let me know when it's built, so that I can
close the review.
Thanks!
Comment 13 Matt Wringe 2007-03-14 13:28:10 EDT
New Package CVS Request
=======================
Package Name: modello
Short Description: Modello Data Model toolkit
Owners: mwringe@redhat.com
Branches: devel

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.