Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 229181
HTTP install from a 'numbered' directory causes numeric increment in directory name for some packages
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:42 EST
Description of problem:
Installing manually via HTTP from a URL of the form
http://<server>/redhat/RHEL5/ (with Server/ beneath that) I found at least 1250
packages (in the install type I was doing) which the installer seemed to be
trying to download from [...]/RHEL6/ instead. Initially I thought this was just
for RPMs with fc6 in the filename. But apparently not.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHEL 5 beta 2. Serving Apache is httpd-2.0.52-28 from a RHEL 4 box.
Every time, for me anyway!
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Copy contents of RHEL 5 beta 2 ISOs to a web-accessible directory called
"RHEL5" with /Server/ beneath it.
2. Install from USB key using the vmlinuz and initrd.img from Disk 1's
3. Point installer at URL in 1.
4. Choose any kind of package selection which includes the packages listed in
the attached file.
Failure to install those packages until a symlink from RHEL5 to RHEL6 was
created. Install then proceeded as normal.
Not to fail on asking for those packages. To continue to ask for packages from
the correct directory.
Dunno. Seems to work perfectly when there's no number in the directory, i.e.
Created attachment 148316 [details]
HTTPD access log of the RHEL 5 beta 2 installer requesting packages from the wrong place
Not really that weird [to me] as I added code to handle people installing from
an http server with disc# directories. On failure, I would increment the number
and try again. We've fixed some of this (if not all in rawhide), so it
shouldn't be too much of a problem to fix.
Seems to be a dupe of bug 225086
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 225086 ***