Installed Redhat 7.0 twice. Once custom package select, after that
workstation installation. Both times, popt libraries were not installed.
This causes several problems with program using this library. For example
kudzu does not start (reporting missing libpopt.so.0.
Anaconda asks to enter root passwords and gives possibility to add users.
Does not report any problems when I do this. After first reboot, passwords
do not work for these accounts. Trying to change passwords with passwd
fails because it needs libpopt.so.0.
Installing popt RPM from CD (1.6.4) makes kudzu work on next reboot.
passwd still does not work, now giving the error: "passwd: Authentication
token manipulation error".
This is on a Dell precision 220 workstation with dual pentium 700
processor running the standard linux kernel (top one selected from lilo).
Is the popt library selected when you go into and leave the custom package
I cannot seem to find the popt package at all:
1) selected custom installation
2) selected everything checkbox from package group selection
3) selected 'select individual packages'
4) pressed next
5) opened all folders on the left then looked for either popt or libpopt in the
list of rpms given on the right
6) checked RPMS directory on the CD: popt-1.6-4.i386.rpm is there, is 49K and
is copyable to harddisk
7) downloaded anaconda update disk from advisory, rawrote to disk and tried
that. No success.
Assigning to a developer.
any error messages in /tmp/install.log after the install?
Don't know. Filed this bug four months ago.. don't expect me to reinstall
redhat now to check this!
Closing due to lack of info.