Bug 231573 - autofs nfs mount fails on exports lookup
Summary: autofs nfs mount fails on exports lookup
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: autofs   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 6
Hardware: i386
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Ian Kent
QA Contact: Brock Organ
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2007-03-09 03:12 UTC by Habig, Alec
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

Fixed In Version: autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.26
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-10-08 01:53:52 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Habig, Alec 2007-03-09 03:12:04 UTC
With the update from autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.23 to autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.25, remote nfs
filesystems accessed via the /net tree became unreachable.  The system log
complaints (when trying to access filesystems properly exported by the server
lepton as "/net/lepton/blah"):

  automount[2953]: lookup_mount: exports lookup failed for lepton

Backing out to rc3.23 cured the problem.

Comment 1 Ian Kent 2007-03-09 03:22:46 UTC
(In reply to comment #0)
> With the update from autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.23 to autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.25, remote nfs
> filesystems accessed via the /net tree became unreachable.  The system log
> complaints (when trying to access filesystems properly exported by the server
> lepton as "/net/lepton/blah"):
> 
>   automount[2953]: lookup_mount: exports lookup failed for lepton
> 
> Backing out to rc3.23 cured the problem.

autofs-5.0.1-o.rc3.26 should be available in testing soon.
Can you try this please.

Ian




Comment 2 David A. De Graaf 2007-03-09 15:41:17 UTC
I confirm this bug, and this cure (reversion).
No sign of autofs-5.0.1-o.rc3.26 yet.

Comment 3 Habig, Alec 2007-03-13 17:08:16 UTC
autofs-5.0.1-o.rc3.26 appeared on testing on 12 March.  I just tried it, and the
exports lookup problem is gone.  Thanks!

Comment 4 Ian Kent 2007-10-08 01:53:52 UTC
As per comment #3 this has been fixed.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.