Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 232370
Loading tifm_core should automatically load tifm_sd
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:59 EST
Description of problem:
I have a Texas Instrument card reader (tifm_7xx1); currently it is detected
out-of-the-box, and some kernel modules (tifm_core and tifm_7xx1) loaded;
however, the third module, tifm_sd, is not. The kernel would thus detect card
insertions and removals, but would not create the device node needed for mounting
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot computer
2. Insert SD card
Device insertion is reported, but no device is created in /dev
Device node should be created in /dev
I confirm this, here is the relevant output of lspci:
02:06.2 Mass storage controller: Texas Instruments 5-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader
02:06.3 Class 0805: Texas Instruments PCIxx12 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host
This is the same or least related to
which just got solved with a minor change to udev.
Is this still an issue? If so, let's get udev changed again.
What I did is create a pair of udev rules to load and unload the tifm_sd rules
when a card is inserted or removed. I believe this is needed because there are
seperate modules that need to be loaded to match the type of card being
inserted. Because I only have SD cards, I can not check if my rules do a proper
check, but it should be possible to add udev rules that load/unload the correct
module with better matching then I have...
# SD card in tifm socket control.
BUS=="tifm", ACTION=="add", ID=="tifm_sd0:1", RUN+="modprobe tifm_sd"
BUS=="tifm", ACTION=="remove", ID=="tifm_sd0:1", RUN+="modprobe -r tifm_sd"
I do have one problem though - it is not getting automounted. But I think this
is a HAL problem...
[mikkel@toshiba ~]$ gnome-mount -v -b -d /dev/mmcblk0p1 -m music
libhal-storage.c 1401 : INFO: called LIBHAL_FREE_DBUS_ERROR but dbusError was
** (gnome-mount:5585): WARNING **: Given device '/dev/mmcblk0p1' is not a volume
or a drive.
[mikkel@toshiba ~]$ ls -l /dev/mmc*
brw-r----- 1 root disk 179, 0 Aug 23 12:04 /dev/mmcblk0
brw-r----- 1 root disk 179, 1 Aug 23 12:04 /dev/mmcblk0p1
I suggest you to test with udev-113-11.fc7, it fixed Bug 217070 for me and my SD
card reader works now perfectly with F7!