Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 232661
subscribing custom channels to a host gives Internal Server Error on Prod
Last modified: 2007-05-16 22:20:43 EDT
Description of problem:
When I try to change subscription to a host to include custom channels through
the ui, I get a ISE.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a custom channel
2. goto your host -> Alter channel subscriptions
3. select the custom channel to subscribe to your host and clieck "change
4. should see an ISE.
Altering subscriptions should be successful
this only happens for custom channels, other child channel subscription
alterations work fine.
oh and forgot to mention in the description that this is on prod webui:
Ouch, need to fix this one...
Created attachment 150545 [details]
traceback from prod
Caused by: com.redhat.rhn.manager.system.IncompatibleArchException: The server
architecture (x86_64) is incompatible with the channel architecture (IA-32)
... 62 more
problem is we aren't filtering non-compatible channels.
Prad says he has provided this via irc, moving back to assigned...
1) Register i386 server to RHN (assume rhel5-server)
2) Create a custom child channel from rhel5-server. Make sure the Channel Arch
of this server is x86_64 and NOT IA-32
3) Go to the System's Channel Subscription page:
4) Verify you see the custom channel in the list but its checkbox is greyed out.
5) Verify the custom channel indicates (unlimited) next to it.
Commited rev 113993 to RELEASE-5.0.1-hosted
The original issue seems to have been resolved in stage as well.
But following the test plan in comment#7 did not behave as expected. Opening a
new bug for that and maeking this one release-pending.
Closed for RHN 501 Hosted.