Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 235159
update version of sg3_utils
Last modified: 2015-03-04 20:18:31 EST
Description of problem:
RHEL-4.5 has version 1.22. RHEL-5-GA has version 1.20. We should consider
bumping the version in RHEL-5.
Unlikely to get updated since it's not in the package budget already. Is there
anything key that's needed here?
I filed this bug to catch upgrade issues. As long as version 1.22 (RHEL-4.5) works
after an RHEL-4.5 -> RHEL-5.1 upgrade, then we should be fine. I'll try to
verify this sometime this week.
Tested on a ppc installation after a RHEL-4.5 -> RHEL-5.1 upgrade
# grep sg3_utils install.log
# grep sg3_utils upgrade.log
All of the sg3_util binaries appear to run without any obvious segfaults. For
/dev/sg0: scsi0 channel=1 id=5 lun=0
/dev/sg1: scsi0 channel=1 id=8 lun=0
/dev/sg2: scsi0 channel=1 id=15 lun=0
/dev/sg3: scsi0 channel=255 id=255 lun=255
/dev/sg4: scsi2 channel=0 id=0 lun=0 [em]
Is there a more accurate test that could be performed to gauge the health of the
IIRC sg3_utils isn't an approved component for RHEL-5.1, mind if we move that to
Read ya, Phil
Not an approved component per:
Moving to 5.2 proposed.
(In reply to comment #4)
> IIRC sg3_utils isn't an approved component for RHEL-5.1, mind if we move that to
Looks like pgraner answered this question in comment #5. :) (This comment
should cause the bugzilla to move out of NEEDINFO)
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.