Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 238099
Installer doesn't finish loading Linux installer
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
Description of problem:
Fedora 7 Test 3 and 4 wont start anaconda installer.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Test 3 and 4 releases
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Boot from install DVD
2. Select "Install or Upgrade an existing system)
1. Starts loading Linux installer
And stops there.
Starts starts loading Linux and modules to search for hardware then load
1. Install in text mode and rescue mode has the same results.
2. Boot local drive prompts (PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT) (Although FC6 is installed)
3. This computer has had successful installs of FC2-6.
4. Mother board is ASUSTek A7V. HDD controller card is Promise SATA 150 TX4.
DVD drive is a Pioneer PATA.
This is resolved with Fedora 7 Final.