Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 238959
Dell D420: Bluetooth only work after restart from Windows Vista
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:03 EST
i have got a dell d420 notebook and bluetooth is only working if i restart from
windows vista. if i power off the notebook, bluetooth doesn't work anymore.
there is now hci0 device available.
i also have installed libsmbios stuff, and this looks like it works ( i can
enable /disable bluetooth). but only the led appears / disappears.
any ideas whats the problem?
fter hours of work i finally get the bluetooth working with linux!
the problem is a defect? firmware with the preinstalled windows vista
i have now updated to another firmware after that bluetooth work without
any problems. :-)
an here is a step by step howto. use this on you own risk.
- download the latest bluetooth drivers for windows XP for the d420
currently this is R117967.exe
- extract it anywhere is used c:\dell\drivers\R117967
- run dfu.exe (from c:\dell\drivers\R117967\2kxp\dfu\ this takes some
- after that blutooth should work in linux but it dont work anymore in
- this can be fixed by installing the windows xp drivers
- after that you have to install the new version of the toshiba
bluetooth stack (dell uses this one)
the only problem i found out is that the new software is only a 30 day
but perhaps dell could be so nice and fix this problem. ;-)
another way could be to get the working firmware and upload it via the
dfutool (bluez-utlils). but i don't have tested this yet.