Linux Version : Redhat 7.1 beta 2
Server Model : Compaq ML330 with single channel UltraWide scsi
(adaptec) card added, 4 port nic also added
Description : kernel panic - unable to mount root FS
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Perform a normal install
2. The adaptec driver is loaded and all drives seen
3. all files are loaded properly during the install - no errors on any
other console screens
4. When you reboot you get the kernel panic.
5. The server installed fine with just the integrated scsi.
6. controller order verfied correct
Re-assigning to Michael Johnson
This defect is considered MUST-FIX for Florence Beta-3
By "adaptec driver" I assume you mean aic7xxx. Please let us know
if you mean anything else.
We have changed the aic7xxx driver to the newer version; please
re-open this bug if this continues in any kernel 2.4.0-0.99.5 or
RH beta 3 is not even detecting that the compaq 64bit (adaptec) scsi controller
is installed, therefore it never loads the driver and cant see any hard
drives. Still not working with Beta 3.
Try with our next beta, and re-open the bug (don't just add a comment
and leave it closed) if it isn't fixed.