Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 239074
Virt Guests Provisioned Through Proxy Do Not Register With RHN Properly
Last modified: 2014-05-09 06:03:52 EDT
Description of problem:
When creating a new guest and selecting a proxy to use for the provisioning, the
guest is created but does not register itself to the satellite as it does when
no proxy is selected. After provisioning completes the guest will only be listed
on the virtualization page for the host system and show a hostname of
Every time on my configuration, haven't tested under other setups yet.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install RHN Satellite 500 build.
2. Register a second system and install RHN proxy through the satellite UI.
3. Register a third system running RHEL 5 server and capable of doing paravirt.
4. Create a guest on the third system through the system's virtualization
5. Specify the proxy in step 2 before scheduling the kickstart.
6. Run rhn_check on the third system.
Provisioning completes, guest created, but guest is not registered to RHN.
Guest should register as it's own profile in RHN.