Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 239973
Review Request: perl-JSON-XS - JSON serialising/deserialising, done correctly and fast
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:04 EST
SRPM URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-JSON-XS-1.21-1.fc6.src.rpm
SPEC URL: http://home.comcast.net/~ckweyl/perl-JSON-XS.spec
This module converts Perl data structures to JSON and vice versa. Its
primary goal is to be correct and its secondary goal is to be fast. To
reach the latter goal it was written in C.
In the next "not minor" release of perl-JSON, this module will be transparently
usable as the backend of JSON, much as Readonly::XS is to Readonly or
Class::C3::XS is to Class::C3.
A clean package; The only question I have is why you didn't include the "eg"
directory as documentation. I guess it only holds a benchmark.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text not included upstream (COPYING just says "same as Perl")
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl(JSON::XS) = 1.21
perl-JSON-XS = 1.21-1.fc7
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=16, Tests=24726, 4 wallclock secs ( 3.14 cusr + 0.23 csys = 3.37 CPU)
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la droppings.
(In reply to comment #2)
> A clean package; The only question I have is why you didn't include the "eg"
> directory as documentation. I guess it only holds a benchmark.
Purely an oversight on my part; I'll include it in %doc.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: perl-JSON-XS
Short Description: JSON serialising/deserialising, done correctly and fast
Branches: FC-5, FC-6, devel
Imported and building. Thanks for the review! :)
Please branch for F-8 :)