Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 240543
Review Request: dsmidiwifi - remote controll midi with your Nintendo DS
Last modified: 2008-02-02 07:53:35 EST
Spec URL: http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~tmaas/fedora/dsmidiwifi.spec
SRPM URL: http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~tmaas/fedora/repo/dsmidiwifi-1.01a-1.src.rpm
An application that runs on the computer and forwards the MIDI messages
received via Wifi to MIDI applications. Mainly used by Nintendo DS homebrew
This sure has been sitting around for a while. I don't know why; it doesn't
look too complicated. One question I have is whether you actually need to play
those games with the upstream tarball. The only time you need to remove content
like that is when it's something we can't legally ship. Bonehead stuff like
upstream shipping built executables in the tarball isn't something we have to
get rid of.
Spec URL: http://till.fedorapeople.org/review/dsmidiwifi.spec
SRPM URL: http://till.fedorapeople.org/review/dsmidiwifi-1.01a-2.tillf8.src.rpm
(In reply to comment #1)
> like that is when it's something we can't legally ship. Bonehead stuff like
> upstream shipping built executables in the tarball isn't something we have to
> get rid of.
I did not know this when I created the spec, here is a new SRPM/Spec that also
has an updated License Tag.
Thanks. Builds fine and rpmlint finds nothing to complain about. Everything
else looks good as well.
* source files match upstream:
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK (it's a little thin, but it's what upstream uses and I can't
really think of anything better)
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* compiler flags are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (rawhide, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* debuginfo package looks complete.
* rpmlint is silent.
* final provides and requires are sane:
dsmidiwifi = 1.01a-2.fc9
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream. I have a DS but no way to get
homebrew apps to it to test this.
* no shared libraries are added to the regular linker search paths.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -doc subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers.
* no pkgconfig files.
* no static libraries.
* no libtool .la files.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: dsmidiwifi
Short Description: DS music interface
Cvsextras Commits: yes
Oh I forgot this: Thank you for the review Jason.