Spec URL: http://zanoni.jcomserv.net/fedora/professor-is-missing.spec
SRPM URL: http://zanoni.jcomserv.net/fedora/professor-is-missing-0.1-1.src.rpm
Description: In this little game, for a mysterious reason, the Professor is disaspeared in Africa. As Eric, you must find a way to go to Africa to find out the
For background on licensing and 0-length file issues, see https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=240195
404: files not found.
Fixed ridiculous .desktop typo:
I don't think it's a good idea to make any modifications to the upstream tarball
(or zipfile in this case) other than the removal of the nondistributable
content. The downcasing of filenames and line ending conversion can easily be
done in %prep.
This makes a comparison easy: just unzip both the modified and pristine files
and run a recursive diff. They should differ only in that some files have been
removed. As it is, any comparison is difficult.
Corrected, but done in %setup, not %prep.
Been following the thread on f-p. I agree that the more pristine the tarball
can be, the better.
Actually you are doing it in %prep. %prep is a section; %setup is a macro.
I'll take a look.
rpmlint says just:
E: professor-is-missing zero-length /usr/share/professor-is-missing/snddir
My understanding is that this empty directory is necessary for nagi, else it
segfaults. Which would be a bug perhaps worth fixing, but probably shouldn't
hold up AGI packages.
BTW, you can downcase a bunch of filenames with something like
for i in *; do
j=`echo $i|tr '[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`
if [ $i != $j ]; then
mv $i $j
* source files match upstream. Manually compared exploded Source0 with the
Only in upstream: Agi
Only in upstream: AGIDATA.OVL
Only in upstream: CGA_GRAF.OVL
Only in upstream: EGA_GRAF.OVL
Only in upstream: HGC_FONT
Only in upstream: HGC_GRAF.OVL
Only in upstream: HGC_OBJS.OVL
Only in upstream: IBM_OBJS.OVL
Only in upstream: JR_GRAF.OVL
Only in upstream: prof.com
Only in upstream: VG_GRAF.OVL
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
* dist tag is present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is acceptable for content in Fedora.
* license text included in package.
* latest version is being packaged.
* BuildRequires are proper.
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint has only unavoidable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
professor-is-missing = 0.1-3.fc8
* %check is not present; no test suite. I played for a few minutes and managed
no score no points at all.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* no scriptlets present.
* contains acceptable content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* desktop file looks OK and is installed properly.
New Package CVS Request
Package Name: professor-is-missing
Short Description: An AGI adventure game
Branches: FC_5 FC-6 F-7
BTW, you forgot to set the fedora-cvs flag. Fortunately I have CVS admin privs
so I can take care of this.
Man, it's been one of those weeks. Good catch.
Built in devel. Thanks for the review!
professor-is-missing-0.1-3.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.