Description of problem:
Closing Glchess application crashes X session
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
GNOME glchess 126.96.36.199
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start the glchess application
2. Play a few dumb moves so that the computer wins.
3. Close the application
1. The Xsession is lost.
2. Attempting a subsequent login (w/o restarting the system) fails, i.e., the
wallpaper comes up, but the gnome-panel and desktop icons do not come up,
rendering the session useless.
3. Now restart the system, and hope that you can login into the system :-( .. I
say hope, because, sometimes the desktop comes up and other times it doesn't.
1. The app should close down and clean-up properly.. not clean my entire session!
Just out of curiosity, I clicked on the glchess application again. The app
remembers the previous state (uh-oh), now I closed the app and was back at
square one (damn!)
I was unable to locate any crash info either in the messages or Xorg.log file.
Probably duplicate of bug 242103 ?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 242103 ***