Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 242917
Jakata commons daemon source RPM does not build javadoc when building --with native
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:06 EST
Description of problem:
As described above - one can either build the package with javadoc or with jsvc,
but not both.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. get the source rpm
2. rebuild it with --with native
no javadoc package
javadoc package should be built
Isn't it a good idea to always build jsvc ? We want the javadoc package, but
once this is fixed, "native" can be enabled by default.
Created attachment 197891 [details]
updated spec file for jakarta-commons-daemon
I just got caught by this as well. (I actually downloaded and compiled jsvc
manually before I realized that it should have been provided already.)
Here's an updated spec file that fixes this bug. From the changelog:
* Mon Sep 17 2007 James Ralston <ralston at pobox.com> - 1:1.0.1-6jpp.2.0
- update License tag to reflect new acceptable licenses
- update main Group tag (old value "System/Boot" is invalid)
- update jsvc Group tag as well
- update javadoc Group tag as well
- building jsvc is no longer mutually exclusive with building javadoc
- jsvc is built by default (use "--without native" to disable)
- build jsvc man page from DocBook source via xmlto; install
- move jsvc from sbindir to bindir (man page is section 1)
Please adjust the release number to your liking (I appended ".0" to avoid
conflicting with the next update, but you probably just want to increment to
6jpp.3) and build/push updates.
Thanks for the patch, it's built in rawhide.