Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 243813
Evolution crashes when trying to open date picker
Last modified: 2008-03-08 17:18:55 EST
Description of problem:
Evolution crashes when picking date required for search.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Right click on the search and pick Advanced Search..
2. When the dialog opens, select Date Sent in the field selection.
3. Then click on <click here to select date>.
Didn't crash in FC6 at least.
Attached is backtrace of the crash.
Created attachment 156774 [details]
I could reproduce this on fresh F7 installation, but not on updated. Please try
to update your F7 installation, maybe it helps.
Actually, my box is already running that latest Evo (from updates-testing - see
original report above). Must be something else. There is a whole set of updates
today, so I'll bump everything up first and report back.
Sorry, forgot to mention that the rest of the box is also always kept up to
date. But we'll see what happens after today's updates...
Yes, even after updates, I can trigger a crash on 3 different systems. Two of
them are i686 machines, one is x86_64.
Maybe it's relevant - all of these machines were upgraded from FC6. Is there
anything you can suggest I remove in ~/.evolution directory that may help? I
found with both Exchange connector (x86_64 machine) and IMAP (the other two), I
needed to remove local mail related files (i.e.
~/.evolution/mail/(imap|exchange)/<account>) in order to stop some mail related
crashes. Maybe you have a clean F7 machine that doesn't have such problems...
You've right, it crashes even after update, I test it on my test installation.
Unfortunately it works when compiled from actual trunk, so I'll investigate more
and let you know.
I found that this is because of wrong filter.glade, it looks like that at least,
because when I put into my /usr/share/evolution/2.10/glade/ this file from
actual svn trunk, then all works fine. I will talk to Matt and let you know then.
Still there in 2.10.3-1.fc7
It's still a problem with evolution-2.10.3-2.fc7, and this is a box that was
done as a fresh installation. I found the problem while trying to use a date
as a parameter for a virtual search folder.
Looks to also be logged upstream:
This seems to be fixed in the latest upstream release.
Appears to work in F8. Thanks!
PS. Given that the bug has been opened for F7, I won't close it.
Thanks for testing, I'm closing it as current release and pointing to Fedora 8
(In reply to comment #13)
> Thanks for testing, I'm closing it as current release and pointing to Fedora 8
Well, I'm still using Fedora 7, Fedora 8 still isn't yet ready for use. I think
the bug should remain open until it's fixed in Fedora 7, which is still a
current release. Switching an entire OS release to fix a fault in one
application just isn't a reasonable solution.
Fedora 8 has been available since September. Fedora 9 will be available in
about a month. No more Evolution updates are scheduled for Fedora 7.