Bug 244726 - pirut crashed when attempting most recent update
Summary: pirut crashed when attempting most recent update
Status: CLOSED UPSTREAM
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: pirut   
(Show other bugs)
Version: 7
Hardware: x86_64
OS: Linux
low
low
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeremy Katz
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2007-06-18 19:28 UTC by James Bridge
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:12 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2007-06-18 21:44:01 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
crash dump plus output from yum (5.89 KB, text/plain)
2007-06-18 19:28 UTC, James Bridge
no flags Details

Description James Bridge 2007-06-18 19:28:11 UTC
Description of problem: Software updater crashed when attempting most recent
update and generated a crash report (attached)


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):pirut-1.3.7-1.fc7


How reproducible: Probably related to a specific package alsa-utils, since yum
update worked but generated a long list of attempts to find a mirror with the
correct file. Print-out of this list also attached.


Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.
  
Actual results:


Expected results:


Additional info:

Comment 1 James Bridge 2007-06-18 19:28:11 UTC
Created attachment 157318 [details]
crash dump plus output from yum

Comment 2 Jeremy Katz 2007-06-18 21:05:17 UTC
Is this reproducible?  If so, can you look at ls -l /var/cache/yum/updates/


Comment 3 James Bridge 2007-06-18 21:22:30 UTC
It happened twice and then I used yum to update from the console, so it won't
happen again. The graphical updater has always worked before.

This is what I have just found in updates

ls -l //var/cache/yum/updates
total 9856
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root       0 2007-06-18 19:56 cachecookie
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 6782976 2007-06-18 19:33 filelists.sqlite
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root  127520 2007-06-01 03:42 filelists.xml.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  604160 2007-06-01 13:07 filelists.xml.gz.sqlite
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2007-06-01 10:56 headers
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root    4096 2007-06-18 19:38 packages
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 2166784 2007-06-18 19:57 primary.sqlite
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root   26473 2007-06-01 18:23 primary.xml.gz
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  294912 2007-06-02 09:06 primary.xml.gz.sqlite
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    1953 2007-06-16 14:20 repomd.xml


Comment 4 Jeremy Katz 2007-06-18 21:44:01 UTC
Interesting; I suspect that the problem was that a mirror was out of sync. 
There are some improvements to this upstream for yum 3.2.1; so hopefully that
will help keep this from occurring again in the future


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.