Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 245000
official adobe flash repo: UGH!
Last modified: 2014-01-21 17:58:37 EST
Note: I know this isn't a yum bug, but since it's very likely that the yum
people will be interested in this, and even that they helped adobe with the
initial setup, am posting this here.
Adobe now has a yum repo for their flash plugin.
yum install flash-plugin does the following:
* Good stuff
+ Installs the flash plugin .so file
* Bad stuff
- Touches a home directory (writes a file to /root/)
- Removes existing files - even though they are not owned by an rpm package
- Gives users information they will not see
Files belonging to older Flash plugins have been removed from the filesystem.
For your safety these files have been saved in /root/oldflashplugins.tar.gz.
You may remove this tarball if these files are no longer required."
the yum command is doing none of that and we didn't help adobe set up their repo.
yum is just installing the rpm. The scriptlets in the rpm are doing all of the
good and bad stuff. You need to report this to adobe.
*** Bug 247547 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
> we didn't help adobe set up their repo.
$ rpm -q --changelog flash-plugin|grep redhat
* Mit Dez 13 2006 Warren Togami <firstname.lastname@example.org> 220.127.116.11-4
* Son Nov 12 2006 Warren Togami <email@example.com> 18.104.22.168-3