Description of problem:
- When running under Compiz, small portions of the OpenOffice.org writer window
are often corrupted after switching to another virtual desktop and back again.
See screenshot at http://blog.chris.tylers.info/uploads/compiz-OOo-artifacts.png
for an example.
- The image corruption occurs in the "Apply Style", "Font Name", and "Font Size"
drop-down menus as well as in the three PgUp/PgDn icons in the lower-right
corner. The rest of the window image is unaffected.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- openoffice.org-core 2.2.0-14.11
- Start OOo
- Switch around to another virtual desktop and perform some activity
- Switch back
- See screenshot
- No image corruption
- This is a multiseat system, but the problem occurs even in 1-user operation
- This problem does not happen with any other X client
- This problem does not occur when Compiz is disabled and Metacity is used
instead (i.e., "Enable Desktop Effects" is disabled)
- This problem does not affect any other parts of the OOo window
- Video driver is NVIDIA proprietary driver from Livna repository
- I have not been able to correlate the image corruption with any other event,
but it does not occur if you simply switch virtual desktops and switch back
- Compiz module configuration: 'cube' and 'wobble' are enabled, 'zoom' is
disabled, everything else set to F7 defaults
- I have not observed this with other OOo apps (Impress, Calc) but I use them
far less often that Writer
Marked as Medium priority only due to the frequency of occurrence.
I'm sorry, but I just can't fix anything that revolves around the nvidia driver
:-( Perhaps it's worth bringing it up an qa.openoffice.org upstream.
I definitely understand! -- but I don't think this is an NVIDIA driver issue.
I'll try to recreate this on another system that uses an open-source driver and
will reopen the bug if it occurs there.