Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 247928
Elf self-test fails, build completes despite failure
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:10 EST
Description of problem:
Self-test fails on elf test
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Build package: rpmbuild -bb --target i686 SPEC/glibc.spec
2. When build completes (successfully), examine file BUILD/glibc-20070515T2025/
3. Note failure of elf test, which ends the test suite
Elf test fails, causing end of elf-test. Build continues, packaging binaries.
1. Self-tests should not fail.
2. Build should not complete if test(s) fails.
Seen on a fully-updated Fedora7 system.
That's caused by the Fedora specific malloc/mtrace.c changes, but it is really
not a bug.