Description of problem:
When you use the beagle-live plugin in deskbar-applet, do a search and click on
a resulting file hoping to open it in the appropriate application, the file
does not open because an extra "file:/" tag has been applied to the name. What
happens is a box appears proclaiming the file cannot be found.
I found the following solution on an ubuntu bugzilla.
I have verified that the solution given works in fedora 7 as well.
The solution is to replace line 107 of the file
"action": lambda d: url_show(d["uri"]),
sorry the line to change is 106 not 107
I wrote a patch for deskbar-applet based on suggestions in
This *should* be fixed in deskbar-applet-2.19.5-1.fc8. There are a few
regressions in 2.19.5, so I think it's best to wait to push it to F7.
deskbar-applet-2.19.3-5.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
Yes, this is fixed in the updates-testing package.
deskbar-applet-2.19.3-5.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.