Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 250198
Remote Commands: rescheduled failed action always says "null successfully rescheduled" - no action name
Last modified: 2008-08-13 15:06:02 EDT
1) Register client system to sat.
2) On client system remove package <foo>, "rpm -e foo"
3) Using webui pick out software package <foo> and schedule it to be removed.
4) Verify on Sat this action is pending
5) On client run "rhn_check"
6) On webui look at failed actions.
7) Click the failed action
8) Click the "Failed Systems" link
9) Click "reschedule all"
10) Notice: Package Removal successfully rescheduled.
This bug is about running remote command.
Steps to reproduce from the description
1. SDC -> Remote Command
2. Schedule a remote command that will fail;
3. Run a rhn_check to pick it up;
4. Go to Schedule -> Failed Actions and reschedule the action.
I noticed 2 ways to reschedule an action.
If I selected the individual action, then I was able to see the problem
described, i.e. no action name was specified.
If I selected "Reschedule All" then it would display "Run an arbitrary script
The fix was on the perl side, commit below
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 172172.
5.1.1 Satellite is now GA, bugs Closed for Current Release.