Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 252936
build-id patch breaks binutils on alpha
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:13 EST
Jakub. We talked about this already, but now I can confirm. The build-id patch
breaks binutils on alpha. I have built binutils without the build-id patches and
it works just fine...
I'm very willing to help to fix this - just let me know how.
2007-07-10 Alan Modra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* elf32-arm.c (elf32_arm_size_info): Init checksum_contents field.
* elf64-alpha.c (alpha_elf_size_info): Likewise.
* elf64-hppa.c (hppa64_elf_size_info): Likewise.
* elf64-mips.c (mips_elf64_size_info): Likewise.
* elf64-s390.c (s390_elf64_size_info): Likewise.
* elf64-sparc.c (elf64_sparc_size_info): Likewise.
Unfortunately, the patch is GPLv3. Guess I will upgrade binutils to 22.214.171.124.18
anyway and let frysk take care of the licensing issues it creates.
The libopcodes.a library is linked statically into frysk, so until frysk is
rebuilt this doesn't cause any problems.
Thx Jakub. I'll see your commit to binutils in my mails and will try the latest
cvs co then :-)
Should be fixed in binutils-126.96.36.199.18-1.
Already compiled, but due to some other processes consuming my test-alpha-power,
I havn't yet tested it. I hope I can manage that in the next 30 minutes...
Yes, this one works! Thx a lot Jakub; My personal hero! :-)