Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 252976
FreeNX: Request version bump to 0.7.0
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:13 EST
Description of problem:
Fedora includes only the 0.6.0 version of FreeNX which has some annoying bugs
(see changelog below). If possible, Fedora should include the new 0.7.0 version.
07.07.2007 FreeNX 0.7.0 "Jornade SPL Edition VI+1"
* Fixed the printing support for CUPS 1.2.
Older versions of CUPS are no longer supported.
* Note: You must do as root:
cp /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp /usr/lib/cups/backend/nxipp
chmod 755 /usr/lib/cups/backend/nxipp
Or alternatively re-run nxsetup.
* Added foomatic support.
* Note: You might need to do: ln -s /usr/bin/foomatic-ppdfile
* Added setting of CUPS_SERVER environment var.
* Added automatic downloading of PPDs, if the client supports it.
* Added configuration vars to tweak the new behaviour.
* Added cups seamless support with no "use this driver?" dialogs at all.
* Note: You need nxcupsd-wrapper on the client side for CUPS 1.2
Get it from nxutils repository.
* Fixed Support for "Running" sessions - again.
* Made the NXAgent exited with exit code 1 message more verbose.
* Added support for nxipp to nxnode and nxsetup.
* Added nxcups-gethost script for automatic usage in KDE.
* Fixed RDP/VNC sessions. No application should be started for that type.
(Patch by Bernard Cafarelli )
* Added backingstore fix for older clients from Gentoo.
* Fixed VNC sessions.
* Fixed fullscreen sessions.
(Patch by Gentoo Bugtracker)
* Fixed --broadcast.
* Added "passwd -u nx" to nxsetup to fix slackware.
* Fixed respecting of enconding settings in case of rootless mode.
* Fixed smb mounting in case nxclient sends the wrong port.
(Patch by Jan Lockenvitz )
* Fixed loadbalancing - was still using an undocumented variable.
I updated Fedora's 0.6.0 RPM to the latest FreeNX release and added fixes for
two other minor glitches to the RPM.
Created attachment 188571 [details]
Created attachment 188581 [details]
Axel, are there any technical reasons for me not to commit and build this?
To clarify, by "this", I mean a version with sources from upstream and a spec
modified to include Christian's changes (and changelog), built locally and then
I've got "this" ready to go. Should we do anything about the cups backend
change, or simply include the Changelog in the Bohdi update and leave it to
users to fix? Since freenx doesn't require cups, I don't see that there's any
robust way for the freenx package to fix it.
Also, Axel, have you tried out the 3.0.0 nx libs yet? Not sure if they work
with freenx 0.7.0, or what, just curious.
Duh, you're on vacation till Monday 9/10. /me smacks /me on forehead
I've been using this since yesterday, it works great, I'll commit and build for
rawhide, and possibly through into updates-testing.
Thanks for your fast response.
Built in rawhide and f7. Bodhi request for push to updates-testing has been
done, including CUPS notes.
freenx-0.7.0-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 testing repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
It seems more than Ok, so I'm pushing to stable.
freenx-0.7.0-1.fc7 has been pushed to the Fedora 7 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.