Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 253421
Installer hangs at "Installing bootloader"
Last modified: 2008-08-06 16:19:56 EDT
Description of problem:
Installer hangs at "Installing bootloader".
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use x86_64 (f8t1) DVD to install onto laptop with existing Windows & Linux
2. English/US install
3. Remove all Linux partitions
4. Grub bootloader to install on MBR of /dev/sda
5. Office Prod. & Software Dev. program groups
6. Configure primary interface as dynamic with manual hostname
Boot partition is not installed properly at the end of a clean install. Grub
doesn't work properly (hangs at 1.5) and no kernels appear to be installed in /boot.
Grub installed and OS boots.
Please see attached files for Anaconda log
Created attachment 161815 [details]
How much memory does your machine have?
In case it's needed, this laptop's Smolt profile is here:
Have you encountered the same problem with Fedora 9?