I did a clean install of rhl 7.0. I then ran an upgrade of beta3. The
upgrade install a large number of "extra" packages which were NOT on the
original system. These extras included emacs and all of the various email
and news reader packages. Manually deselecting these packages did not
result in any dependency problems.
What type of 7.0 install did you do - the more specific you can be about the
packages/components you selected would really help us.
If you need the info, I can build the rhl 7.0 system again and do q "rpm -qa" to
get you the complete list accurately.
However, it was a custom install with gnome, only kdesupport, kdebase, kdelibs,
kdelibs-sound, and kdenetwork for kde, and printer support. I knew it was doing
this so I tried to keep it simple. I did NOT install any of emacs, the various
mail packages (except kmail in kdenetwork), or the news reader.
It seems to be ver repeatable.
OK, I did a rhl-7 custom install and then a fisher upgrade. Attached are the
rpm -qa results and the install/upgrade logs.
Created attachment 9379 [details]
result of rpm-qa on rhl-7.0 custom install
Created attachment 9380 [details]
rpm -qa after fisher upgrade
Created attachment 9381 [details]
install log from rhl-7.0 custom install
Created attachment 9382 [details]
update log from fisher upgrade
This defect is considered MUST-FIX for Florence Gold release
fixed in CVS. It was applying the default Component (package group) selections
I can provide an updates disk if you want to test this. mail email@example.com