Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 273521
autofs does not work on Fedora 7 after updating to autofs-5.0.1-25
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:12:14 EST
Description of problem:
Autofs is not working for me any more after upgrading to autofs-5.0.1-25
autofs-5.0.1-23 worked ok.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Restart autofs after installing the update
Aug 31 20:09:32 apollo kernel: automount: segfault at 00002aaaace38440 rip
00002aaaace38440 rsp 00000000405260f8 error 14
Aug 31 20:09:46 apollo kernel: automount general protection rip:2aaaab326b3d
Aug 31 21:31:40 apollo kernel: automount general protection rip:2aaaab326b3d
Aug 31 21:41:04 apollo kernel: automount general protection rip:2aaaab326b3d
Aug 31 21:41:08 apollo kernel: automount general protection rip:2aaaab326b3d
Autofs should have restarted
* Tue Aug 21 2007 Ian Kent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 5.0.1-25
- change random multiple server selection option name to be consistent
with upstream naming.
* Tue Aug 21 2007 Ian Kent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 5.0.1-24
- don't fail on empty master map.
- allow for older schemas that allow "*" as a key value.
- add support for the "%" hack for case insensitive attribute schemas.
I am using autofs over LDAP and system is x86-64
hmm the faulting version is 5.0.1-26 not 5.0.1-25 as I mentioned earlier.
oh well I tried the testing version 5.0.1-27 for koji and the problem is fixed there. So I think this can be
closed when the update it pushed
(In reply to comment #3)
> oh well I tried the testing version 5.0.1-27 for koji and the problem is fixed
there. So I think this can be
> closed when the update it pushed
Yep, I reverted the broken patch.
I'm still not sure what I did wrong there but it will
have to wait till I get time to return to it.
DEFERRED is the wrong status. Take a look at:
for an explanation of the resolution statuses.